• Topic Area: Traffic and Transportation
• Topic: Solving Traffic Jams
• 1. Is your campus far from the city center? Where is it located?
• 2. Do you often go outside the campus? Where do you usually go?
• 3. What means of transportation do you use to travel in your city?
• 4. What means of transportation do you like most? (Why?)
• 5. Have you ever been caught in a traffic jam? (Please say sth. about it.)
Solving Traffic Jams (for candidates)
• The following is one way of solving traffic jams. Please elaborate and offer your comments.
• 1. Develop public transportation
• 2. Limit the use of private cars
• 3. Implement flexible working hours
• Why in reality it is so difficult to solve traffic jams
• 1. Do you think public transportation in your city has improved or gotten worse in recent years? (Please give an example.)
• 2. Do you think the subway might be the best solution to traffic jams? (Why or why not?)
• 3. Do you think we should encourage more people to ride bicycles? (Why or why not?)
• 4. What do you think students can do to help solve traffic jams?
• 5. Do you want to have your own car some day?
• 6. During the discussion, why did you say that…?